Conducting business in a changing environment through “empowering clients in the livestock industry with practical and up to date knowledge, skills and technology that enables them make decisions that enable their businesses operate efficiently, effectively, ethically and environmentally friendly”
To provide quality training, research and consultancy services in livestock production in order to improve and sustain the productivity of the livestock industry.
To become a training centre of excellence by graduating highly competent human resource in livestock production and processing.
- To provide quality focused training in livestock production at certificate level.
- To conduct seminars, workshops and short term demand driven residential and mobile practical training in livestock production.
- To liase with other stakeholders in livestock production and processing industries.
- To manage self – sustaining income – generating ventures in order to supplement government funding.
- To conduct research and provide consultancy services in livestock production.
- Certificate in livestock production
- Livestock apprenticeship
- In –service courses in livestock production
- Pig and poultry production
- Dairy production
- Animal nutrition
- Animal draft power
- Sheep and goat production
- Farm mechanization
- Pasture and fodder crop production
- Tailor made courses
- Mobile courses
- Residential courses
DPT ATIs - Palabana
Statistics – Graduants (2004 – 2013)
|2009 (Crafts certificate)||12||4||16|
|2013 (Yet to graduate)||24||14||38|
2003 18 S/scale farmers piggery – ASP/LDT
2004 15 (Vet assistants) pig health management – ASP/LDT
2005 45 S/scale farmers Dairy – ZATAC ltd
2006 60 S/scale farmers Dairy – World Vision
2007 25 S/scale farmers Poultry – PAZ
2008 35 S/scale farmers Goat – ASP/LDT
2009 28 S/scale farmers Dairy – Ministry of commerce trade & Industry
2010 45 S/scale farmers Dairy
2011 30 S/scale farmers Ministry of Agric & Livestock
2012 90 S/scale farmers Dairy – World Vision
2013 30 S/scale farmers Dairy - DAZ