Kasaka Fisheries Training Institute was officially opened on May 11th 1981. It was established to train the much needed personnel in various fisheries disciplines and to improve the fishing fraternity in Zambia. The Institute has trained more than 400 students, most of which have joined the Department of Fisheries. It has also retrained a good number of staff in the Department of Fisheries and hundreds of fishers in various fisheries disciplines.
Kasaka Fisheries Training Institute aims to become the Fisheries Development and Resources Centre for Zambia and promote fisheries integration into the mainstream economy of our country through training, organizational and institutional capacity development, high quality advisory and consultancy services
- To develop and implement appropriate training programmes in fisheries and related disciplines to ensure provision of quality training.
- To strengthen the capacity of the Institute to enable it effectively provide quality training in the most cost effective way.
- To review training programmes and develop mechanism for monitoring and evaluation of students performance.
- Promote and develop production unit and income generating ventures in order to supplement the institute’s income.
- Provision and promotion of education for basic and high schools.
- To conduct teaching programmes and facilitate training and delivery of skills and technology to small scale and emergent fish farmers.
The campus is located 8km south of Kafue town and 1.5km off the Great North Road (Kafue-Chirundu/Livingstone Road), on the banks of the KafueRiver.
We offer a two-year certificate course in Fisheries Science, with emphasis in the following areas:
- Fish Biology
- Aquaculture (Fish Farming)
- Extension Methods
- Fish Processing and Quality Control
- Fishing Technology
- Basic Information Technology
Dpt ATIs - Kasaka Fisheries dpt-ati-kasaka-fisheries-aqua.jpg dpt-ati-kasaka-fisheries-boat-handling.jpg dpt-ati-kasaka-fisheries-rig-demo.jpg dpt-ati-kasaka-fisheries-swimming.jpg dpt-ati-rig.jpg dpt-ati-kasaka-fisheries-cages.jpg
Dpt ATIs - Kasaka Fisheries